I didn't get to think much about the days of being 20 till a few days ago (and only for a bit at that).
I thought over 2008 during the new year, but still, I think it's slightly different from a birthday.
So in the last 12 months:
- I had my solo exhibition and photobook done
- Learnt how to play Texas Hold'em just so I could have a chance to challenge Lee Sedol
- Went to Paris twice
- Covered the Ing Cup Semi-Finals in Bangkok (and didn't get to challenge Lee Sedol afterall) and Ing Cup Finals round 1-3 in Singapore
- Saw snow in Beijing, for the first time in many, many years
- Saw the go set used in the movie The Go Master, and also a set of extremely beautiful go-ke, designed personally by Honinbo Shuei
- Visited hide's grave
For the last day of being 20, I attended the after party of X Japan's concert, I met people. Something I could only dream of when I was a child.
I didn't have to see the people who caused us pain for a whole year, (man, my good karma points are finally coming through, haha) hopefully it stays that way.
It's the first year of me truly earning for myself, felt like I'd finally started to cross the line into adulthood in this aspect... And whilst a million and one concerns about what would happen in the future are making themselves prominent, I still believe, and tell myself that,