Over time I found I've started to accumulate a bunch of stuff. If you don't want to navigate the tags, here is a list you can use as an index to access most of my photography-related articles. Links include:
- Free tips, guides, and photography-related articles I've written on this blog.
- In-depth education content I created elsewhere that pay my rent and lets me write more.
- 14 Tips for Photographers Who Want to Go Pro
- Top 10 Studio Photography Lighting Tools
- How to Produce a Commercial Photoshoot, from Request to Post-Production / 中文
- Personal Project Walkthrough, from Idea to Realization / 中文
- 14 Steps to Improve Your Photography / 中文
- 15 Tips on How to Break into Fashion Photography
- Savage Seamless Paper and Muslins
- 8 Tips for Underwater Model Photography
- 8 Tips for Fashion Photography
- Portrait Photography Interview: Thoughts on fashion, finding my style, and the way I work
Behind the Scenes:
- Motherland Chronicles #39 - Underwater
- Motherland Chronicles #34 - In the Secret Garden
- Motherland Chronicles #32 - Ea
- Motherland Chronicles #25 - The Raven Girl
- Motherland Chronicles #23 - Dive (Photo+Video)
- Motherland Chronicles #7 - Self Portrait in Water
- Motherland Chronicles #2 - Winterland Fairytales
- The Coldest Day
- My equipment list
My only course online. Suitable for photographers of all levels. It's a walkthrough of basic studio equipment, my thought process, concept-building, the full shooting and post production process, and branding and marketing for a personal project.
Patreon is a patron-artist platform. It's subscription-based (although you can cancel and change your pledge at any time).
I share exclusive behind-the-scenes content, do Q&As, demos, tutorials, and articles at an ongoing basis.
- Patreon Archive
Past Patreon rewards. Some available for purchase, not always. See the full list here.
Session 10: Saving Time
Session 9: Social Media
Session 6: Commercial Things
- Conveying Shoot Concepts to Your Team
- My Favorite Lightroom Tips & Tricks
- How to Quote for Commercial Jobs (and Examples of How I Quote)
- Session #6 Complete Bundle
Session 5: Home Business
Session 4: Fashion Things
- Selling Stock Photos and Licensing Your Work in Fashion
- How to Organize Inspirations and Draw From Them Later
- Retouching Demo: End Color Processing in Photoshop
- Session #4 Complete Bundle
Session 3: Industry Primer
Session 2: Getting In
Session 1: Art and Commerce
- Balancing Artistic Interest Between Fine Art and Commercial Work
- Checking Hair and Makeup on Set
- Session #1 Complete Bundle
To receive updates about future workshops or content, subscribe to my mailing list.